2.13.2008

Worthy

Almost four years ago, I was in a bit of a fog.  I had a heavy heart and really didn't even know why.  Over the weeks, the heaviness grew and grew.  I was getting close to my due date with Landon and I didn't want to bring my baby into the world with this heaviness in my life.  I had been praying, I had been crying alot, and I just couldn't pull out of it.  God had been speaking to my heart to get help, to go meet with a group of women in our church who provided prayer ministry.  I was afraid, I was nervous, and I ignored the nudging until I was put on bed rest the week before my due date.  I, then, finally made the call to our pastor's wife to set up a meeting.  The meeting took place three days after my due date and the day before I went into labor with Landon. God was not going to let this baby come into the world with a heavy hearted mama!
As the meeting time approached, I wanted to turn and run, but I knew I needed this time to heal my heart.  As we were talking and praying, I could sense that there was something holding me back from healing.  It came to light - I felt unworthy of His love.  The tears came, the peace, and  the healing  came when I realized I am worthy.  I felt worthy and loveable that day I went home and for weeks, even months afterwards. Then the feelings of being worthless and unloveable came back and have been hovering in my life.

I am participating in a Beth Moore bible study the Psalms of Ascent.  At the end of last weeks homework, we looked at Psalm 124.  The focus of our homework was learning (or pounding in my thick head) that God is on our side.  As I meditated on that Psalm, studied the word, did my homework those words of the Psalm and my homework really penetrated my soul.  It was like a light bulb went on in my head. One of those "aha" moments.  God doesn't just tolerate me, He loves me. He will be on my side, He will be my conqueror, He will choose me, and He will not be separated from me.  He knows I am going to mess up and he is there to help me pick up the pieces, walk in His path, and grow in the knowledge of Him.

In the middle of my homework this week, I really began to understand why those feelings of being worthless and unloveable continued to stay with me. Even though I have heard and studied the truth, I did not sow the seed, I ate it. I was feeling peaceful and free from my heavy heart, but it only lasted a short time because the seeds that were planted were not allowed to harvest.  A harvest is never instant it demands time (Beth Moore pg 82).  Galatians 6:9 says "At the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  

I know now I need to sow the seed. I need to be patient. I need to trust in God's love for me because I am worthy of it.  

4 comments:

Denise said...

thanks.
think i need this b.m. study.

Jenni S. said...

I have and do still struggle with some of these things, so thank you for sharing. It's right in line with something I'm working on for the blog in the coming weeks. So you'll see what I mean when I get there. :)

Earen said...

Thank you for sharing this! I'm hearing so many great things about all these Beth Moore studies & I've yet to even do one! Thank you for sharing...you're not alone.

Leah said...

Thanks for sharing this, Kristin. Our Christian walk takes us through both mountains and valleys, but it's comforting to know He loves us and will never, ever leave us! We are precious to Him! =)

~ Leah